- Smart way to catch and store non-potable (non-drinking) water for use in the garden or for topping up a pool. Great approach if you’re in a water restricted area.
- Sunlight can’t penetrate the bag so algae is stopped in its tracks. This means you can maintain water hygiene without any chemicals.
- Portable and easy to store when not in use. Move to another downpipe at any time – give all your gutters a turn.
- The pillow shape bag lies on the ground next to a gutter downpipe. To install, the downpipe is cut one metre from the ground and the Rainwater Harvester is connected to the downpipe via a hose and clamps which are supplied.
- When wishing to use the water, the rainwater harvester uses gravity. The water is on a simple valve system and can be opened to drain out the bag through a garden hose. The outflow is below the inflow to create pressure at the outflow point.
- The Rainwater Harvester is available in a number of sizes to suit your water requirements and spaces. Sizes too small? No problem. A series of Harvesters can be interconnected in series to store larger volumes, if you have the storage space.
Materials and specifications
- Made from a 600gsm PVC material that has been UV treated.
- Lifespan of at least 5 years with no degradation of the material.
- The water flows in via a PVC sleeve provided that is connected to the harvester via a 40mm tank connector.
- The outflow contains a ball valve and standard 25mm click-on garden hose connector.
- Supplied in DIY kit form with all the fittings for the inflow and outflow already attached.
- 500 litre – 2m x 1m
- 1 000 litre – 2.8m x 1.2m
- 2 000 litre – 2m x 3m
- 4 000 litre – 3m x 3m
- 2 metres x 1 metre yielding approximately 500 litres when filled to capacity R1 200.00 incl vat
- 2.8 metres x 1.2 metres yielding approximately 1 000 litres when filled to capacity R1 800.00 incl vat
- 2 metres x 3 metres yielding approximately 2 000 litres when filled to capacity R2 400.00 incl vat
- 3 metres x 3 metres yielding approximately 4 000 litres when filled to capacity R3 300.00 incl vat
- The Harvester has a 1 (one) year warranty. Always follow the installation, maintenance and user guidelines. They’ve been written for good reason and will avoid the warranty being voided.